1. I believe in justice for all2. I believe in lifting up the disadvantaged3. I believe in dismantling unjust criminalization systems4. I believe in equal protection under the law5. I believe in ending poverty6. I believe in ending systemic racism7. … Continue reading
We have all been to many meetings and rallies at the end of which no one knows what they can do. If you participate in demonstrations, rallies and social media you need to go to your local coffee house and have a discussion with five to ten individuals about what you can do about racial and social justice and community development. Begin building the community you want to live in. We want to build 100 of these coffee discussion groups. You may want to come to one of these listed below. Or start your own and let us know. Be sure to invite someone from the affected classes.
There are now several First Thursday Coffee and Discussion groups:
- First Thursday Coffee & Discussion East Central Community Center 10 am 500 S Stone
- First Thursday Original Coffee & Discussion 10:00 am Rocket Market 726 E 43rd (meets 2nd & 4th Thursdays)
- Third Thursday Film Discussion 10 am Usually held in a member’s home. That person selects the film and sends out the invitation notice. Contact email@example.com or call 509.999.1263 for more information.
- First Thursday Evening Discussion 6 – 8 pm BEGINS July 11 Carl Maxey Center 3116 E 5th Avenue
- African American Men’s Discussion 6 – 8 pm BEGINS July 11 Carl Maxey Center 3116 E 5th Avenue
Call to Participation
Those interested in racial and social justice
Those interested in community development
5-10 people meeting regularly for deep discussion
Willing to meet regularly to plan strategies and take actions
First meeting: Thursday July 11 6 – 8 pm Carl Maxey Center 3116 E 5th Avenue
Depending on the number of participants we will divide into smaller groups based on interest. Each group can schedule future meetings.
Contact: (509) 999-1263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s History Month
- If Intersectionality Is Coalition Building Let’s Get On With It!
- What Are You Doing?
- What We Can Do: 198 METHODS OF NONVIOLENT ACTION
- Yes! We’re All In This Together
- We’re all in this together
- Steve Pitters Black History Month
- Open Letter to Mayor Condon and the Spokane City Council
- We Need To Impeach Trump